The Dubai Autodrome Karting Academy (DAKA) is designed for kids aged 7 to 16 years old to learn everything they need to know to start on the path to becoming a professional race driver.
DAKA is a 10-week program guided by championship winning drivers and coaches, specially created to teach children all important aspects of kart racing, starting with basics such as racing lines on different circuit configurations, understanding apexes, braking points, correct steering technique, and then graduating to more advanced skills like overtaking, defending and even kart maintenance.
A pure introduction to karting teaching basic karting skills and experience. DAKA will run both clockwise and anti-clockwise track directions so drivers can adapt and learn the following:
- Holding steering wheel correct.
- Racing lines on different circuit configurations, understanding apexes, braking points.
- Direction and detail of each course.
More comprehensive, introducing race craft where drivers will start to develop skills and understanding of the following:
- Defending their position, whilst optimizing consistency and smoothness on track.
The karting coaches will develop race discipline by encouraging drivers only to overtake only on certain corners, so drivers gain confidence and master overtaking techniques.
During Level Two, the outdoor track is introduced, using half of the International Dubai Kartdrome circuit to perfect the corners more frequently, before advancing onto another part of the track. This will provide more beneficial lessons to the drivers.
More advanced race preparation, introducing more tracks and layouts. It will contain the following:
- Close racing and perfecting the track.
- Introduce the national track especially for overtaking and defending opportunities.
- Learning the full International track layout.
Level three is high-adrenaline, much longer laps containing more corners. Level three graduates will be part of a special race day event at Dubai Autodrome on the final course day.
For more information call us on 800-KARTING or: