Drifting is a driving technique where the driver intentionally over-steers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels or all tires, while maintaining control from entry to exit of a corner.
New technology called Easydrift allows creating a loss of grip on the rear wheels by placing specifically designed plastic rings on the rear tires. This allows drifting with standard front wheel drive cars starting from very low speed hence making the activity very safe.
It also allows much faster drifting for drivers mastering our first levels of experiences resulting in an incredibly addictive and memorable experience.
Drift Level 1:
- This is the first level of learning how to drift
- Your full experience will include 40 minutes of driving and five minutes as a passenger at full speed with an instructor
- Drift Level 1 consists of one-on-one tuition where a qualified instructor is seated with you at all times in order to help you improve faster
- The experience allows you to focus solely on the principles of drift technique behind the wheel of our ideally suited Scirocco
As a beginner, you will learn how to master the following:
- Acceleration and braking in a straight line and driving sideways in a controlled manner;
- Driving in circles to feel the speed where grip is lost and the car spins;
- Driving around cones positioned in circles and be able to maintain a consistent speed at the limit of the loss of grip;
- Going around cones in circles to create a loss of grip with steering input, then throttle input and finally brake input;
- Driving in coned circles, create a loss of grip with steering wheel input, counter steer to balance the loss of grip and get back the car in a straight line;
- Create a loss of grip, control loss of grip and maintain drifting on coned course;
- Experience will be of a total of 45 minutes (40 minutes driving & 5 minutes as passenger)