Busy weekend of racing & running at Autodrome
10 December 2013
Busy weekend of racing and running at Dubai Autodrome
- On the bill Porsche GT3 Cup ME, UAE Sportbikes, NGK Racing Series and Radical ME Cup
- Over 8,000 runners expected to participate in Color Run at the track
Dubai Autodrome, in the heart of Motorcity, is braced for a very busy weekend on track including two action packed days starting Thursday afternoon and ending on Friday, followed by the much anticipated Color Run on Saturday morning where over 8,000 runners are expected to descend on the venue.
Racing over the first two days will be of the highest order with two rounds of the highly acclaimed Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Middle East on the card, featuring 21 of the region’s top race drivers, headlining the programme.
Also on the bill are rounds of the UAE Sportbike Championship, NGK Racing Series and the Radical Cup Middle East.
Action – on the International Circuit configuration – starts on Thursday (12 December) with free practice between 09:00 am and 12:00 noon for cars. The first of two Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge ME qualifying sessions takes place at 14:20 pm, with the first 14 lap race scheduled for 16:50 pm.
The first, of two back to back, Radical Middle East Cup qualifying sessions starts at 15:20 pm.
Friday kicks off with UAE Sportbikes qualifying at 09:45 am, followed by Race 1 of the Radical Middle East Cup which is set to be flagged off at 10:20 am, with the first UAE Sportbikes race at 11:20 am.
NGK Racing Series qualifying starts at 11:10 followed by Race 1 at 13:55 pm and Race 2 at 16:05 pm.
Race 2 qualifying for Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge ME is at 11:40 am, with the second race of their weekend set to get underway at 16:45 pm.
Also on the day, shortly after noon, will be an on track parade by members of the Porsche Owners Club.
On Saturday a huge contingent of runners will take to the track as part of the first ever Color Run, in the UAE, presented by Activelife.The event is a unique five kilometre fun run that gathers participants to run through showers of colored powder in a celebration of health and happiness.
The non-competitive untimed event is dubbed the “Happiest 5k on the Planet” and is an initiative by the National Health Insurance Company – Daman – organised by IMG aiming to raising awareness regarding all aspects of health and fitness.
Participants are expected to arrive at the venue shortly after dawn with the start, featuring over 8,000 runners, earmarked for 09:00 am on the Dubai Autodrome main straight.
Spectators are welcome throughout the three days of activities at the Autodrome, attendance is free of charge with access to the main grandstand and the paddock area.
Weekend Schedule (Provisional)
Thursday, 12 December 2013
- 09:00 – 12:00 General Testing
- 12:10 – 12:40 Radical Middle East Cup Practice 1
- 13:10 – 13:30 UAE Sportbike Championship Practice 1
- 13:40 – 14:10 Radical Middle East Cup Practice 2
- 14:20 – 14:40 Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge ME Qualifying 1
- 14:50 – 15:10 UAE Sportbike Championship Practice 2
- 15:20 – 15:35 Radical Middle East Cup Qualifying 1
- 15:40 – 15:55 Radical Middle East Cup Qualifying 2
- 16:05 – 16:25 UAE Sportbike Championship Practice 3
- 16:50 – Race 1 Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge ME Race 1 14 Laps
Friday, 13 December 2013
- 09:00 – 09:15 NGK Racing Series Warm Up
- 09:25 – 09:35 UAE Sportbike Championship Warm Up
- 09:45 – 10:00 UAE Sportbike Championship Qualifying
- 10:15 – Race 2 Radical Middle East Cup Race 1
- 11:10 – 11:30 NGK Racing Series Qualifying
- 11:40 – 12:10 Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge ME Qualifying 2
- 12:20 – 12:40 Porsche Owners Club Parade Laps
- 13:20 – UAE Sportbike Championship Race 1
- 13:55 – NGK Racing Series Race 1
- 14:30 – Radical Middle East Cup Race 2
- 15:30 – UAE Sportbike Championship Race 2
- 16:05 – NGK Racing Series Race 2 20min
- 16:45 – Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge ME
Saturday, 14 December
- 09:00 – Color Run