[tabs slidertype="images" auto="yes" autospeed="4000"]
[imagetab width="960" height="447"] http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/gt9B2682.jpg [/imagetab]
[imagetab width="960" height="447"] http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/gt9B3017.jpg [/imagetab]
[imagetab width="960" height="447"] http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/gt4884.jpg [/imagetab]
[imagetab width="960" height="447"] http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/gt9B2844.jpg [/imagetab]
[imagetab width="960" height="447"] http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/gt4564.jpg [/imagetab]
2012-2013 UAE GT Championship
In the interest of providing the car racing community a multi-class series to race in this next season, we are pleased to announce the advent of the DAMC Racing Series which will be run in the UAE during the 2012/2013 motorsport season at Dubai Autodrome and Yas Marina Circuit, which combines several categories of racing that have prevailed in the UAE over recent years.
The series will follow the current touring car format of a minimum 20 minute qualifying and 2 x 20 minute races and will cater for:
- UAE Touring Car Championship for Class 1, Class 2 and Clio Cup cars, with drivers competing for the title of UAE Touring Car Champion for all three classes;
- GT cars competing in a Trophy style non-championship format;
- Special closed wheel race cars which do not fall into any of the above mentioned categories, competing in a Trophy style non-championship format.
All cars will have to comply to existing safety regulations and drivers will need to have the appropriate ASN issued race licenses. Rules and regulations for the respective categories remain unchanged and the combined classes catered for by the DAMC Racing Series will consist of the following:
- Class 1 UAE Touring Car Championship to current UAE Touring Car Class 1 Technical Regulations
- Class 2 UAE Touring Car Championship to current UAE Touring Car Class 2 Technical Regulations
- Class 3 GT Sprint Trophy to current UAE GTA Technical Regulations
- Class 4 GT Sprint Trophy to current UAE GTB Technical Regulations
- Class 5 GT Sprint Trophy to current UAE GTC Technical Regulations
- Class 6 DAMC Challenge Cup for closed wheel cars that do not fit in any above categories subject to DAMC approval
The first round of the 2012/2013 DAMC Racing Series will be at Yas Marina Circuit (Grand Prix configuration) on 19 October 2012. This will be preceded by a Test & Media day on 11 October at Dubai Autodrome.
After the recent deferral of the UAE GT Championship we can now announce the first round will take place on 13-14 December 2012 on the Dubai Autodrome GP Circuit. Competitors will be eligible to compete in both the DAMC Racing Series sprint races and the one hour mini-enduro UAE GT Championship race on the weekends where these are run together.
The UAE GT Championship was devised along the lines of similar international GT series’, which caters for exotic supercars and should attract a spectacular grid. The series will feature three classes GTA, GTB and GTC. Because of the wide variety of cars, an objective classification has been chosen based on a weight to power ratio. Each race day will feature one 60 minute enduro style UAE GT race, with mandatory pit stop allowing for driver changes should there be two drivers in the team.
2012-2013 Season Information
- 2012-2013 DAMC Provisional Calendar
- 2012-2013 UAE GT Championship Registration Form
- 2012-2013 Vehicle Declaration Form (Download, fill in and fax back)
- 2012-2013 UAE GT Championship Technical Regulations
- 2012-2013 UAE GT Championship Sporting Regulations V1.0
- [popup url="http://20122013damcchampionshipseasonguide.dubaiautodrome.fastmail.fm/HTML/"]View Online: 2012-2013 DAMC UAE Championships Guide[/popup]
- Download PDF version (2Mb)
Enquiries & General Info
- Competition Licence Application Instructions
- Auto Competition Licence Notes
- Auto Competition Licence Forms